Social media is the key catalyst for brand growth. When done right, social media activity can boost brand awareness and increase conversions to improve business profits. However, while promoting your brand through social media is vital for businesses, content is not enough to get you the sales. The key to becoming a successful social media user is social media engagement. In today’s post, we will talk about how to improve your social media engagement.
What Is Social Media Engagement?
Social media engagement is a form of interaction between the customer and the brand. This includes, but is not limited to, public shares, likes and comments. Each major social media platforms has some component of engagement that might be unique to that platform. For example, Instagram has a ‘save’ function and Twitter posts can be ‘retweeted’.
Why Is Social Media Engagement Important?
Social media engagement comes with a range of benefits, including:
- increasing sale conversions
- boosting brand awareness
- enhancing reputation
- expanding your market reach
- helping to shape your content strategy
In this article, we will share tips and tricks which you can implement into your own social media marketing strategy.
How to Improve Your Social Media Engagement
Analyse Your Current Content
Firstly, you need to analyse your engagement to know how to improve it. Engagement analytics are available for all major platforms. This includes Google Analytics as well as data available on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook and other social media platforms.
Secondly, you need to set your goals. Setting clear engagement goals will help you to stay on track and focus on your efforts. If you want more engagement on your posts, you will need to focus on creating interesting content. This will ensure that your metrics tie in with it in order to measure how many people interacted with your posts or what types of engagement they executed.
Establish Components of an Engaging Post
Every social media platform and area of business is different but they all share certain characteristics. Across all areas, customers want to engage with:
These trends indicate what elements of social media content are the most and least effective. However, remember to analyse this data against your audience. A lower percentage of engagement across the board does not mean that you need to eliminate a specific type of content. Therefore, combining analysing your metrics and good practice will ensure that you balance the content to suit your audience.
Execute Your Strategy
Lastly, you need to think of your strategy. Here are some of the most popular ways of engaging with your audience:
- Giveaways: whether you run a giveaway on your own or with another business, giveaways always prove successful. Giveaways will not only draw attention to your company but also help you to attract new customers. After all, people always appreciate free gifts which makes giveaways a safe practice for your establishment.
- Humour: 3 in 4 customers want humour from brands. Nonetheless, whether you use funny gifs, descriptions of memes, always make sure that the content is appropriate.
- Think beyond feed posts: direct messages, replies and story interactions all count towards engagement numbers.
- Polls and stickers: this Instagram feature which allows people to post their questions, vote in mini polls and visit links through stories. While Instagram extensively explored opportunities for customer engagement, Twitter enabled polls which are becoming a valuable resource on that platform.
- Brand partnerships: securing a partnership with other like-minded brands produce something fun and interesting can be beneficial for both parties. Everyone loves a good collaboration and you
In conclusion, social media engagement consists of a range of different aspects. Being aware of what they are should make creating a plan of how to improve your social media engagement easier.
We are proud to provide highly engaging social media and website content. Our extensive analysis and focused social media strategy will help your business engage with existing and new customers on a new level.
See our Services section to find out more about our offer.